Thursday, April 21, 2011

Dazzling up your flip-flops~Tutorial

Tutorial on dazzling up your flip-flops ~*

You Will need:

2 inch wide ribbon
A pair of flip-flops
gems
White hand quilting thread
needle
lighter
scissors
You want to use hand quilting thread, because it's very strong &
very unlikely to break.
Your going to start with threading your needle. I double threaded by, I've notice when doing that, when pulling the ribbon later on, it was very unlikely to break.
Leave a good size knot at the end of the thread & a little extra because your gonna need it to pull at the end.
I found these flip-flops at Walgreens for only $5.99.
Depending on full you want your flower; if you want it really full I would cut between 18 inches to 24 inches.
You always want to burn the edges of your ribbon, to prevent it from fraying later on.
Fold the ribbon in half.
Then you make long stitches along, to sew the both sides together.
That's what it's going to look like, once you have finish.
Remember what I said about holding on to the knot on the end? Well make sure you have a good grip on it & gently pull the ribbon, as spin it around as you pull.
This is what it should look like, once you have pulled it all together. Tie both sides of thread together, to keep the flower nice & tight.
I sewed mine on with the same quilting thread.
These would make a cute gift for a girl, or a cute Mother's Day gift for a friend or even your Mom! I made these for my sister-in-law's birthday this past week. Since she's love sparkly things, I hot glued some fake diamond gems on the straps!

Let me know if you like this tutorial! It was my first time doing something like this.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment