Friday, July 8, 2011

Jersey Knit Head band Tutorial






I came across this idea on Make it & Love it! Here's the link to their tutorial. http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2011/06/repurposing-tshirts-into-5-strand-braided-headbands.html

I did mine a little different with using fabric glue for part of it, instead of stitching it.

You start by cutting out 5 strands out of either an old t-shirt or old sheets. I used a jersey knit shirt that I bought from Khols! I know who buys shirts just to tear them apart?! If it's cheap, I said heck yes!
<-----This girl! Hahaha


I used quilting thread, so it would be a little more sturdy to work with.

Gather them all together & stitch them together.

 Once you have them all stitched together, your going to pull them all part & curl them with your fingers, while stretching them.
 I tape mine down while braiding it. 
  
 After while I ended up holding it with my knee's and braiding it that way.
 Then on the other end after braiding it, you will stitch all the ends together.
 I cut a small piece out of the same shirt, to cover the ends.  After that I hem both sides with fabric glue, instead of stitching it.

 There you go, a easy way to use up some old sheets or stained up shirts! 

Before your done, of course you can add addition decorations to make your headband pop! I stitched a ribbon flower onto my headband.  Oh yes make sure you measure your fabric out, don't worry if it doesn't look like it's going to fit. With jersey knit fabric & t-shirts they both will stretch! I can't wait to put this on my little girl, of course you know I'll be making myself one!

This tutorial I decided to use my Cannon Rebel, instead of my iPhone, so that you would have better quality pictures!
 = )

No comments:

Post a Comment