Wednesday, July 18, 2012

DIY: Dollar Store Wall Decor Plate!

I've been hunting around for tutorials for using sharpies on mugs & plates, everyone I found, has failed  me.  However I messed around and figure out how to make mine work without coming off in the dishwasher! I do suggest to hand wash them, just to keep the plate or mug from fading.



All you will need is :
*KItchen Plate: from your local dollar store or mug if you like.
*Black Sharpie
*Black Charcoal Transfer Paper
*Pencil




Pick whatever quote you would like & print it out in the size font you want on the plate. Line it up and center it correctly. Then slowly transfer your image. It helps to tape it in place, so you don't have to worry about the paper sliding.

Once you have your quote successfully transfer, go over it with your sharpie pen. Put the plate aside for 24 hrs. Once Your 24 hours have passed,  bake it the oven at *150 for 30 mins.


I made mine for my kitchen and just have to hang it up! Have you made anything like this? If so comment below! I would love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment