Saturday, July 21, 2012

Decorating on a budget~

There are tons of ways to decorate your house, especially if you make the decor yourself! Crafting can cost a lot, but if your smart to browse your local dollar stores, thrift stores or even your local craft store for awesome reasonable finds, it's a win win! I'm a big fan of browsing all of them, for hidden treasures! 
Recently I found brown coffee filters and I have never ever seen them there before. I instantly leaped for joy & of coursed  bought 1 pack for a $1.00! I was browsing Hidden cupcakes blog,  on a side note... I totally am in love with her blog! She comes up with the cutest DIY projects! If you haven't seen her blog, go follow it! As I was reading her latest post, I was inspired to make some, cute coffee filter wall flowers, with my recent awesome dollar store purchase! Here is what I made!


My brother gave it to me, after my Dad passed away. Very special to me=)
 Did you see my recent post on to make this lovely plate?! Cost less than $3.00 to make!
You can always recover any of you lamp shades, by browsing the clearance rack at Joann's! I found this scrap of fabric and got a yard of it for only $3.00! This lace fabric was too pretty, to resist right?!
To add a cute touch to it, add some cutout birds from an old book to inside! 
Super cute & super shabby chic!
This canvas was actually very damaged & I saved it by re-painting it! You would never know how bad it looked before! Sadly I forgot to take a before picture! All you need is some branches from your back yard & some paper flowers! Very easy craft to make & hardly cost $$ anything!
Make your own throw pillows! I made these out of a damage fabric laundry hamper! I wasn't able to repair the hamper, so I held onto the fabric!  Yes, my name is Sarah & I craft hoarder!  It kills me to throw away just about anything, when I know it can be turned into something lovely! It's a great way to re-use & recycle! 


Make your own signs, with this awesome method, that I have fallen in love with! http://www.cometogetherkids.com/2011/05/how-to-do-custom-lettering-without.html
Plaque I found at A.C.Moore for under $2.00, another super easy, no fail craft!


I hope my post encourages you, that you can decorate
 on a budget & feel good about not spending a lot!
Don't forget to leave some comment <3
Happy decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment