Sunday, March 21, 2010

Cough Syrup

Whenever my husband or I come down with a cold, I try to make this cough sryup but don't always get the chance! Today I had that chance I made it! It's not great tasting but it helps stops you from having coughing fits & soothes your throat.


I got it from Amish cookbook called " Recipes from the Heart Yoder Family and Friends. Here's the link to where you can buy it.

http://www.yodersmart.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=185_187&products_id=4688

Cough Syrup

1 lemon, sliced thin
1 cup flax seeds
1 qt. water
1/4 cup honey

Simmer the lemon, flax seeds and water for 4 hours. Do not boil. Strain and add honey. If there is less than 1 pint, add water to make a pint.

Dose 1 Tablespoon 4 times a day after each fit of coughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment