Monday, May 10, 2010

Irish Coffee Cake




I ended up making this back in March for Saint Patty's Day. I actually messed up the recipe and was able to fix it and my whole family loved it! I made it again this past week the same way I did the 1st time when I messed up get that same texture! It was a hit again!


Irish Coffee Cake
1 stick of butter
1/2 cup sugar
4 eggs
1 1/2 cup self-rising flour ( recipe below)
4 Tb Black coffee
2 TB Irish Whiskey
2 tsp of vanilla

Preheat your oven to *325 & grease 1 springform cake pan.

Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, adding a little of flour after each egg. Beat in the coffee & vanilla, then fold in the rest of the flour. If it's too wet , add in some more flour till just a little thick.

Syrup
2/3 cup of black coffee
1/4 cup sugar
1Tb whiskey

Bake for 40 mins, once cool prick the cake all over and mix together the syrup & pour all over the cake.

Frosting
1 1/4 cup heavy cream
1 Tbsp Irish Whiskey
3/4 chip of confectioners' sugar

Smear all over the cake & for finishing touches, I drizzled some coffee over the whipped cream decoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment