Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sewing, sewing & more sewing!

When you don't see something, you don't use it much right? Well that's the case for my sewing machine! My husband bought it for me for my 4th wedding anniversary and I have hardly used it because it's been put away in my craft closet! Well I told myself if I pull it out of closet & keep it out, I would use it. Since it has been out, I've sewing like crazy with making throw pillows, detailing some outfits, making some dresses for Emma & making a new quilt!


I made these 2 out of some linen & then wrote on them with a fabric sharpie. I can't take the credit for these, since I got the idea from pinterest









I also started a big project, making a new quilt for Emma's room. It turned out much bigger than I had planned, but bigger isn't a bad thing = )

     

      
 


                 






Scraps are always a good thing to hold onto because you many so many things with them.











I saw a similar pillow, months ago in Bed, Bath & Beyond for $29.99. I said to myself I could make this & still save money. I got the material from clearance rack for $2.99 at Joann's & made the flowers myself with my heat gun.





I'm really pleased with how cute it came out & I saved myself a lot of money! Awesomeness!











It makes my heart happy when I sit down & make stuff! It does my heart well!

Happy Sunday Y'all =)

No comments:

Post a Comment