Thursday, August 9, 2012

DIY~ A little of this & that..



This past week we celebrated my father-in-law & mother-in-law's 30th wedding anniversary, by throwing them a surprise reception! It was so much fun, that it makes me want to get married again!! For a little bit, we were so worried because the weather was so bad but thankfully it cleared up for us! I helped with making the decorations and wanted to share some pictures!

The theme we were going with was Backyard Bash, with decorations that were rustic.





We used this signature slab as their guestbook! It's a great way to personalize this keepsake with the couple’s monogram in the center! It was my first ever attempt at using my husbands wood burning tool! I traced their initials on the slab, follow by using the wood burning tool. It's a lot easier doing it that way, then free-handing it.


I'm very big on re-use/recycle as you know, so I tried to be very creative with materials I had on hand! For example, I made a pen holder for the signature slab, out of glass vitamin jar.



Super cute right?!
 Then I took 2 pens, wrapped them in twine & hot glued two vintage book flowers on top!
Doesn't get anymore rustic, than that!


Another re-use, recycled idea I had...
I took 2 empty cans I had & dressed them up a bit!

 I got my scissors out & used this damaged Gap shirt, I had to decorate the cans with!

 Here's the inner craft hoarder talking.. 
I always like to keep damaged clothes I have, especially if the material is cute! They're is always something you can make out of it!
 Lace & Pearls
 I just absolutely adore!
Just like how mason jars are popular at the moment, so are clothes pins!

Sadly I made this for the reception but forgot to bring it!
All I did was used a wood letter & hot glued moss all over it.




 As you can tell, it is a very messy project but I guess the cuteness is worth it!
 Right?
 Now these cuties, I can't take credit for because I found them at a local consignment shop in town!
They were on sale, and a great price, that I simply couldn't resist!
Lampshade Chanilder~

I took scraps of fabric,tulle & just worked with it!



I also did a little baking for this event, & made a naked cake!

Yes, you read that right = )
It is actually starting to become a trend! I have to admit, I  didn't like it at first but I do now! I think if your having a rustic wedding, it would add a perfect touch to your wedding!


I was battling a cold that day, which I think it would of been better looking if I wasn't sick but
 at-least I tried right?

Number 1 rule, every event needs some bunting banner!


Sadly I didn't get around to snapping any pictures at the reception but my awesome in-laws who are professional photographers got some! When they're available, I'll share them!

It all came out beautiful & 30 years is also something very beautiful to celebrate. Not many couples last that long & just give up now a days! I really admire couples that work hard at their marriage, keeping the love alive & holding onto to that spark!


Well Happy Thursday
&
Remember, keep hold onto that spark!

No comments:

Post a Comment