Friday, March 2, 2012

I'm a winner either way"

I'm a winner either way"


This isn't you average blogpost, that you normally see from me but I wanted to share something I wrote that I read  at his funeral that is about some special memories of my Dad, who would of been 68 today. 

My Dad was a very giving person. As we were growing up, he would do whatever he could to make sure we had food on our table & clothes on our backs. Whenever we were sick, he would be at our side or either in the kitchen making us his famous homemade soup.



My Dad was always one to compliment you or help with whatever you needed help with. He had such a servant heart, looking to help whoever he could. If there was a need in the church, he was always quick to volunteer. You would find him at church early in the mornings & late at night, helping with whatever was needed. If he ever heard that someone was sick, he would make them a huge pot of soup.



When my Dad gave himself to the Lord, he sought to live by the word of God. Whenever someone wronged him, he was always willing to forgive & forget, and he would always say to my brothers and I " Forgive them & always love them"



He was a very giving friend and father. He left us 2 months ago with a legacy-one that I want to live my life by from this day forward. In the months to come, tears will be shed as we miss him and think back on all the memories we cherish, but I know there is a piece of him in all of us. 


And I know that he is now happy and pain-free in God's presence, rejoicing in how great He is.
I just want to say Happy Birthday to a very special man, whom I miss everyday & hearing him say to me one more time, "Babycakes". 
That nickname never got old nor it will.   I Love you always & looking forward to the day, where we will meet again!  




1 comment:

  1. You'll never forget your dad or all of the good memories you have! The thought of seeing my dad again one day always makes me smile. Somedays I'd like to just pick up the phone and give him a call though ... sure you feel the same way at times.

    ReplyDelete